Learn how you can keep your car safe from thieves.
Sadly, every car owner faces the risk of their vehicle being stolen. However, this does not mean that car theft is inevitable. In fact, there are many steps that you can take to keep your car safe from thieves. If you want to protect your car, here are some of the precautions you should take.
Parking Safety Tips
- When parked, never leave your keys in the car. Additionally, you should make sure that you close your car’s windows and sunroof before exiting your vehicle.
- Thieves like to operate under the cover of darkness. When parking at night, do your best to park in a well-lit area if possible.
- Avoid leaving valuables in your car where people can easily see them. If a criminal sees readily-accessible valuables in your car, there’s an increased chance they will target it for theft.
- Do not leave the title inside your car. Oftentimes, car thieves are pulled over but get away with their crime because they can produce your car’s registration.
- When parking on an incline, set your parking brake and turn your wheels towards the curb or some other obstruction. This will make it harder for criminals to tow your vehicle away.
Car Modification Tips
- Consider installing an anti-theft system in your vehicle if it doesn’t already have one. Thieves are far less likely to steal vehicles if they know the car can be recovered quickly.
- Have your car’s vehicle identification number (VIN) etched onto each of your windows. Car thieves will avoid your car because they will not want to deal with the added expense of replacing all the glass on it.
General Car Security Tips
- Keep your car locked at all times, even while driving.
- You should never leave your car unattended while it’s running.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable leaving your car in a certain area, find a new place to park.
Take these precautions to keep your car safe from thieves. Want another way to protect your car? Make sure you have the right auto insurance coverage in place. Looking for assistance with your car coverage? If so, contact the team at Promised Land Insurance Group for help today.