Try out these holiday safety tips to protect the people and things you love most.
The holidays are finally here! With this in mind, we at Promised Land Insurance Group would like to wish all of our loyal clients a very happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. Unfortunately, we know that the holidays do pose certain risks for you and your loved ones. This is why we encourage you to try out these holiday safety tips this year.
- Protect your home against its increased fire risks. Learn more about how you can protect your home from fire here: 3 Fire Risks to Watch Out for This Holiday Season.
- If you are leaving for the holidays, keep your plans under wraps. You do not want many people to know that your home will be uninhabited, as this increases the chance of your home being targeted for a robbery.
- Hire a house sitter or ask a friend to collect your mail and keep an eye on your home while you are away. A human presence at your home will keep criminals at a distance.
- If you are particularly worried about a break-in, invest in a good home security system.
- Before you set out on your holiday road trip, make sure you have your car professionally serviced. This will reduce your chances of breaking down in the middle of your journey.
- Check to see which weather conditions you will encounter on your drive and prepare your car accordingly. For instance, if snow is expected, make sure your car is equipped with winter tires, snow chains, and heavy-duty windshield wipers.
- Pack an emergency car kit. Your kit should include things like basic tools, first aid supplies, food, water, emergency money, and other useful supplies in the event that you break down and get stranded.
These are some of the holiday safety tips that you should employ to protect the people and things you value most. Are you looking for assistance with your personal insurance needs this season? If so, don’t hesitate to contact us. We at Promised Land Insurance Group are ready to do everything in our power to keep you safe. Get in touch with one of our experienced agents to get started today.